Sunday, June 3, 2007

What do you mean my office was destroyed by a jester?!



Hey guys and gals,

I'm posting from my laptop today as my office is being....remodeled unexpectedly; and by remodeled I mean it's being reconstructed from square one. Now we have our supervillains in Chicago, but between the Vanguard, HUG and our various own vigilantes they're mostly kept in check. Yesterday there was a routine superbrawl between local champ Heavyweight and the challenger Mountebank. They've gone at it before, but this one happened to be right next to The Daily Sentinel's offices. Luckily I was out eating lunch at the time(Turkey and Bacon sub, god that was delicious.) and as I was walking back I saw the Vanguard truck with Mountebank in it, didn't see anything really out of the ordinary. That is until I looked down, I happened to see the picture of me and my friends at the pub after my first day of work. Of course, it was a bit hard to identify covered in dirt and what appeared to be fecal matter(My guess is it was Mountebank's damn monkey.) but sure enough, it came from the crater that I once called my office. Looks like I'm gonna be camping out in Henry's office for a while, I'll update all of you if anything major happens.

I leave you with my quote of the day

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society."-Mark Twain

-Jim

1 comment:

Henry Townshend said...

I don't know about you but I'm getting pretty tired of Heavyweight showing no regard for city property. I'd like to give that dude a piece of my mind if I ever meet him.